Summary of Guidelines in the Accreditation of Private Sector Organizations and in the Selection of Private Sector Representatives to RDC Calabarzon
Definition of Terms
A Private Sector Organization (PSO) refers to an organization created or formed by the private sector for the purpose of socio-economic development by rendering service or providing assistance to the public.
A Private Sector Representative (PSRs) refers to a person who represents the private sector. A PSR must be an active member of: a) non-government organizations; b) business organizations; c) professional organizations and civic groups.
Qualifications of Nominating PSOs:
- PSO must be registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or any government agency that registers organizations and associations for the purpose of bestowing legal personality;
- PSO must have conducted socio-economic activities for at least three years either provincewide (in any province in Calabarzon) or regionwide;
- PSO must be a Filipino. Organizations managed by foreigners, whose officers and members are primarily composed of foreign nationals, or are considered branches or affiliates of foreign organizations are disqualified;
- Organizations which have government officials and employees as ex-officio members of the Governing Board or whose operations are funded by the government are disqualified; and
- PSO must be endorsed by the head of accrediting agencies, organizations or local government units.
Qualifications of PSR Nominees:
- Any Filipino citizen of legal age and not otherwise disqualified by law;
- The nominee must not hold any government position, whether appointive or elective, and must not receive any remuneration from the government while serving as private sector representative to the RDC;
- The nominee must have a proven track record in socio-economic development in the region;
- The nominee must be willing and able to participate in all RDC meetings and activities; and
- The nominee shall be formally nominated by the authorized representative of a qualified PSO.
- Accomplished PSO’s General Information (Form 1)
- Accomplished PSR Nominee Information Sheet (Form 2)
- Accomplished PSR and Voter’s Nomination Form (Form 3)
- Endorsement of PSO’s Accrediting Agency.
Deadline of submission of requirements is on 6 May 2016 (Friday). For more information, contact the RDC Secretariat at telephone numbers (049) 545-00-91 or (049) 576-01-57.